Thursday, October 9, 2014

Port in a Storm by Douglas Black

I really enjoyed this unconventional tale of being swept off your feet by a mysterious lover. I would have jumped at the chance to go somewhere--anywhere!--with Jake. It's a good thing Alex was a little smarter than that.

I really liked the chemistry between Jake and Alex. I must admit that I was rooting for Jake from the beginning. There was just something about him that I found very intriguing.

Alex is a young man in need of being reminded that he didn't have to be what his parents thought was best for him. Jake provided the impetus he needed to find his own way in life. His mother had done an amazing job of surgically implanting those apron strings.

And of course, the plentiful, hot and varied sex.

You would never know that Mr Black's brilliant debut novel was originally published without benefit of editors. He has recently revised and republished the story with Loose-Id. I intended to add that book to my shelves when it is released October 14th.

And just look at that new cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment